Temperature is a crucial factor in properly feeding your Koi.
Below is a guide to the appropriate water temperature, quantities and number of times you should feed your fish:
82°F & above:
* Feed once daily
72°F - 82°F :
* Feed in small, frequent quantities. Total amount of food feed should be no more than 3% of total body weight. Temperature is a crucial factor in properly feeding your Koi. Use larger quantities of Growth Formula to maximize growth and conformation
65°F - 72°F :
* Feed twice daily. Use larger quantities of Premium Food mixed with smaller quantities of Growth Formula to maximize growth and conformation
55°F - 65°F :
* Feed once daily. Use a smaller quantity of Premium Food.
50°F - 55°F :
* Feed Premium Food or Cheerios no more than twice weekly
50°F & below :
* Stop Feeding
* When koi do not eat willingly, refrain from feeding.
* It is recommended to feed your fish during the hours between daybreak and nightfall or when pond temperature is steady and at its peak.
* If your fish have healthy appetites, the recommended amount of food at 69°F to 85°F is 2.5 percent to 3 percent of your Koi's body weight per day. This amount should be consumed within 2 to 4 feeding periods daily.
* Koi food unconsumed within 5 minutes of feeding is recommended to be netted out of the pond.
* It is recommended that the optimum koi pond conditions be achieved to increase koi appetite.
* It is advised that stored koi food remain dry in package. Please ensure that one's hand, or scooping cup remain dry when taking food from storage container.